Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drivers for Chimei CMV 221D

I have the 22'' monitor referenced in the thread title. After a harddrive failure and a house move I had to reinstall Vista and don't have the driver disc (if there is one, can't remember) so I'm only getting 1440x900 instead of the full 1680x1050. Google is of little to no help and the chimei website is awfully useless. Anyone either got the drivers to send me, or a link for where to get them?

Thankses

You shouldn't need a driver disc to get the full res? In any case, no that screen doesn't come with a driver disc, I have 2 of them sitting in front of me.

If there were a driver available you might get it by going to windows updates, custom/hardware, but I very much doubt there will be one. As already said though you shouldn't need one to get the full res.

If you've gone through all the usual stuff like restart, tinkering in gfx driver settings etc, I'd suggest reinstalling your gfx drivers.

Alrighty I'll try reinstalling the drivers... Hopefully I won't need to go through the fun of using drivercleaner and THEN reinstalling catalyst

Thankses

Ha! Got it. Went in to catalyst control center, manually set the monitors' max resolution to 1680x1050 then went back and chose force desktop area...

But just then, the screen went blank and stuck me back at 1440x900.... Bah, more tinkering.

^
    Nothing to do with the monitor - would be an issue with the graphics card drivers.

Well check the time on the posting

I got it working eventually though, the screen blacking out and reverting the resolution was just the "Do you want to keep these settings?" dialog box not appearing in catalyst. Went into the vista display settings and set it now (thanks to catalyst it actually appeared) so all appears to be well

Res is affected by the GPU and the GPU drivers, most monitor driver are little more than colour profiles.

Try downloading latest drivers for your GPU.

Is there a close thread button? I said I had it fixed already. And the GPU drivers are the most current, they were downloaded from the ATi website yesterday.

You can't close the thread yourself, but you can edit the thread title to include "Problem Solved" or something similar. Just make sure you add to the original title not replace, that way if someone searches for a similar issue in the future they'll still have a shot at finding this thread.

Can't edit the titles :/ only Mods/Admins/Staff can.